This course will give you knowledge and experience of a range of transferable business skills, techniques and attributes so that you can specialise in an area of business that interests you. You will be carrying out a period of work experience which will enable you to put your theory into practice and enhance your CV.
Explore, challenge and develop your
- understanding of the business world e.g. funding, tax, identifying potential markets, grants, business set up loans, costing, marketing strategies, business planning, pitching, research techniques, enterprise skills and developing innovative ideas
- ability to plan and shape your business ideas e.g. start up, marketing and selling your ideas to potential sponsors and partners
- networks by interacting with existing entrepreneurs and business leaders in our community and learning the secrets of a successful business, pitfalls to avoid and managing ambition with a work life balance
- English and Maths through either a GCSE Pathway or GCSE retake programme
- English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
- employability skills e.g. project management, communication, interpersonal skills, team working, problem solving plus an ability to plan, shape, market and sell your business ideas. You will become a pro-active, self-motivated, autonomous individual with an entrepreneurial attitude
Compulsory residential activities to develop team work and practical skills are an integral part of the course. There is an additional cost of £300 to cover these trips as well as covering costs of day trips or residential and guest speakers. This charge is to be paid at enrolment and is non-refundable. The Learner Support Fund is available and could help assist in paying towards these fees.
This qualification helps you to progress on to - BA/BSc/FdA at a Higher Education institution or HNC/D Business at Cambridge Regional College - apprenticeships within the wider commercial industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College - employment e.g. trainee manager in retail, junior accountancy, financial services (insurance) and internships Please note in order to progress to a Level 4/5 HNC/D BTEC Diploma in Business you will need to achieve a minimum Pass for your Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma.
You will need one of the following qualifications: 4 GCSE's at grade 9 - 4 (A* - C) including English or Maths, or Successful completion of a full Level 2 course.
Coursework is continually assessed by a range of methods which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment, feedback from clients and panel reviews. Grades from Pass, Merit, Distinction may be awarded to course work. The Study Programmes are over 3 days each week. There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
You can apply through our online application, just click on Apply.
Students who attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply through the CAP application system, MyChoice@16, your school will be able to help you with this.
If you need any help with applying, please contact our Admissions Office on tel. 01223 418448 or .
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to a Welcome Event and for a guidance discussion. Through the Welcome Event you will get the chance to learn more about college and your course. When you have your conditional offer, you will be invited and required to attend new student Taster Days during the summer before the start of your course. Take control of your future and enrol on a course with CRC. Whether you've just finished your GCSEs or A Levels, already working or unemployed we can help you succeed.
Take control of your future and enrol on a course with CRC. Whether you've just finished your GCSEs or A Levels, already working or unemployed we can help you succeed.