We run our own contract bus service for our full-time students and apprentices at both our Cambridge and Huntingdon campuses. The service picks up from different towns and villages in Cambridgeshire, Huntingdon, Essex, Hertfordshire, Peterborough and Suffolk.
The college bus pass is £550 for the 2022/23 academic year. An Early Bird rate of £495 is available for those paying by 31st August 2022. This can be paid either in full or by instalments. For Early Bird tickets, there is a deposit of £135 and 3 instalments of £120 each via Direct Debit. For those on Apprenticeship schemes, please contact with details of your student number, student name and the course you are studying. The price will be £185 payable in full.
Tickets are now purchased via ShuttleID making it easier than ever for students to purchase bus tickets. ShuttleID has numerous features and benefits including:
Please ensure you check the timetable near to the time you plan to travel. This will ensure you are aware of any changes to the timetable.
Click here for the relevant campus timetable:
Links to purchase tickets for your required route can be found below:
We actively encourage our students and staff to choose a green method of transport when travelling to college. We have plenty of cycle racks available including covered spaces.
For more information about Cycling, and the cycle allowance please visit the Cambridgeshire County Council Website.
The Cambridgeshire Guided Busway runs between both campuses with stops next to each. This provides a direct route to the college from Huntingdon and St.Ives, Cambridge Railway Station and Trumpington Park & Ride. There are two Busway stops immediately next to the Cambridge Campus: ‘Science Park/Cambridge Regional College’ and ‘Orchard Park East’. For Huntingdon Campus the Guided Busway Route B stops at ‘Huntingdon Campus’ and ‘California Road’.
You can also contact:
We have designated parking spaces for students. There is a student car parking charge at Cambridge Campus of £2 per visit. Parking at the Huntingdon Campus is free of charge.
The college runs a free shuttle bus to and from Cambridge North Station to Cambridge Campus
Cambridge North station is a 15 to 20 mins walk from the Cambridge Campus. Trains to Cambridge North take:
33 mins from Downham Market
54 mins from Whittlesea
56 mins from Kennett
44 mins from Hitchin
Huntingdon station is a 20 to 25 mins walk from the Huntingdon Campus. Trains to Huntingdon station take:
14 mins from Peterborough
37 mins from Stamford
28 mins from Hitchin
34 mins from Stevenage
Download the Transport Map for both our Cambridge and Huntingdon Campuses here:
NEW 50% OFF RAIL FAIRS – with 16-17 Saver Railcard – for details on how to apply, visit 16-17 saver website >
Get 50% off your travel to School or College with Greater Anglia Academic Pass, visit Greater Anglia website>
For students in Full Time education up to age 19, you can access discounted rail travel by visiting the Great Northern Student Connect for a card >. Or at Abellio Greater Anglia for a Cambridge Academic Year Saver here; please note that not all available stops are listed, to access other stops please contact 0345 600 7245 to be able to access these.
Discounted Train Season tickets are available from the two train operating companies that provide trains to Cambridge. If you live in Cambridgeshire, you could be eligible for assistance with train costs. For more information, phone the Cambridgeshire Social & Educational Transport Team on 0345 045 5208 or visit Cambridgeshire Social & Educational Transport Team
Please submit your bursary application via our website by clicking here
Once your bursary application is submitted, please email requesting a bursary voucher code for your bus pass. You will then be issued with a voucher W/C 29th August. You can then use this voucher code to purchase your bus pass from Shuttle ID.
You can also visit the finance desk when you come for your enrolment appointment to arrange for your bursary bus pass voucher.
All students who are eligible for bursary will get the early bird college bus rate of £495.
If your discount is for 75% (as per bursary guidance) of the bus pass fee then you will be requested to complete a direct debit form to pay the remaining 25%.
For those students who travel to college from two different locations, please purchase a bus pass for one of the routes and then email with your student name, details of the route that the bus pass has been purchased for and the additional route that is needed. We will then email a voucher code to download a ticket for the 2nd route.