Free course subject to eligibility
This course is for people who want to learn English for work, for study or to live in the UK.
You will learn to speak, read and write in English.
You will also learn about living and working in the UK: for example:
- What do you say when you meet other people?
- What do you do or say when you are unwell? How do you fill in a form?
- Where can you get career advice? How do you look for a job? How do you behave in an interview? What is volunteering?
- How do you write an essay? How do you answer exam questions?
- What can you do to improve your English when you are not in class?
You will also learn about the variety of cultures in the UK and the British way of life.
If you make enough progress during your course you will be able to sit an exam and get a certificate from Trinity College London.
If you do not sit an exam you will receive a College certificate explaining what you have achieved.
We offer classes from beginners to advanced level.
This course runs as a two-morning or a four-morning programme or as an evening class.
When you have improved your level of English sufficiently you will be able to
- apply for a job in your area of work or
- continue with your studies and go to university or
- join an apprenticeship scheme or a vocational programme, at Cambridge Regional College or at another provider.
None. You will be tested on application to check which level class you can attend. You may not need to take a placement test if you already have an exam certificate (for example, ESOL or IELTS) achieved in the last year. Please, attach a copy of your exam certificate to your application form.
Please note that you will be expected to attend all lessons so apply only if you can come to class regularly.
You will have tutorial and opportunities for 1:1 discussions with your personal tutor.
The College also offers career information to all students and financial support for qualifying students.