International Teacher Training
Cambridge Regional College International Centre provides International Teacher Training courses at all levels and for specialised career pathways. We deliver open training sessions for international teachers and customised teacher training sessions for closed groups. Our courses are available for teachers from the EU, who may be legible for funding through EU programmes such as Erasmus+ and teachers from outside the EU, who can register as individuals or as part of a visiting group.
Our courses provide teachers with:
- Up-to-date information on current teaching trends and approaches,
- An opportunity to meet international colleagues, share knowledge, best practice and teaching ideas,
- Background historical and factual information about Education in the UK, in a city which is home to one of Britain’s oldest universities,
- An opportunity to tour or visit important educational establishments in Cambridge, such as King’s College, St John’s college and the Museum of Education,
- Practice in planning lessons and teaching with Education Technology, Social Media, Smartphones and Apps,
- A possibility to broaden their knowledge and understanding of contemporary English,
- Tuition which can improve their communicative competence and accent in English,
- Explore the possibilities of teaching CLIL,
- Broaden their knowledge of teaching activities, resources and strategies for teaching young and adult learners.
Please contact us for a course specification or request a specially designed course for your group.
The following is a sample of some of the topics our courses can cover.
- New Approaches To Teaching English As A Foreign Language,
- Content And Language Integrated Learning – CLIL,
- Teaching Very Young Learners, Toddlers To Under 5’s,
- Teaching Young Learners – School-Aged Children,
- English Language Training For Vocational Teachers – Subject Specialisation,
- Intensive Language Improvement Masterclass,
- Teaching About Culture,
- Teaching Intercultural Awareness And Intercultural Communication Skills In Language Teaching,
- Methodology For Teachers Of English As A Foreign/Second Language,
- The Changing Role Of The English Teacher,
Effective Assessment And Test Design,
- E-Learning And Blended Learning,
- Education Technology In The Classroom,
- Using Social Media, Smartphones And Apps,
- Strategies For Teaching And Learning,
- Modern English – Are You Teaching Your Learners 21st Century English?
- Skills Upgrade – Teacher Refresher Courses For English Language Teachers In Primary, Secondary And Tertiary Level And TEFL/TESOL/ESOL/ELT Professionals,
- Teaching Your Learners The Difference Between Formal And Informal English,
- English Idioms, Phrases And Collocations Masterclass,
- Teaching Business English,
- Teaching English for Medical Practice and Nursing,
- Teaching English for Professional Purposes (Contact us for a broad range of professions)
- Life-Long Learning.