Cambridge Regional College - Centre of Vocational Excellence

Help with Transport Costs

If Cambridge Regional College is the nearest college to your home offering your course, and you are under 19 on 1 September 2019, then your local County Council might be able to assist with the cost of transport to and from college, whether it is for the college bus or public transport.

In order to qualify for subsidised transport, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Enrolled on a full time course
  • Attending your nearest appropriate post 16 centre offering your chosen level of course
  • Resident at an address more than three miles from the College

And in receipt of one of the following:

  • Income Support or Universal Credit
  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
  • NHS Tax Exemption (valid at the time of application – Cambridgeshire County Council only).
  • Child Tax Credits where the Household income is below £16,190 (Hertfordshire County Council only).

For the college bus – complete a CRC Financial Support application form and include a college bus application form.

For public transport – contact your local County Council in the first instance to check eligibility and request a Post 16 Educational Transport application form if applicable.

Cambridgeshire County Council                  Tel: 0345 045 5208
Cambridgeshire County Council Website

Hertfordshire County Council                      Tel: 0300 123 4043

Although Suffolk and Essex County Councils may help learners, the contribution required by learners exceeds the cost of a college bus pass so we suggest you do not apply to them.

If you are unable to get assistance from the Council, then you may be able to get help through the College’s 16-18 discretionary bursary. Click here for more info.

Cambridge Campus Status

The Cambridge Campus is open as normal.

Huntingdon Campus Status

The Huntingdon Campus is open as normal.