Useful tips and websites

If you’re an adult, thinking of starting a full-time course, here are some things to consider and some useful websites.

Some things to think about:

  • You might be able to get help with course fees – please contact our Financial Support Team on 01223 418443
  • If you’re aged 19 or over and studying at Level 3 or above you might be able to apply for an Advanced Learning Loan to cover your course fees. If you then go on to complete a higher education course, you may not have to repay the outstanding loan
  • You might also be able to get help with travel/kit/compulsory trips/childcare costs – to find out if you’re eligible contact the College’s Financial Support team on 01223 418443
  • If you’re receiving benefits, talk to your benefits agency to find out if studying full-time will affect your ability to claim
  • Can you find a part-time job? How will it fit in with the demands of studying full-time and the rest of your life?
  • Try putting together a budget to help work out how you’ll cover your day to day living expenses
  • Higher Education students are able to apply for a Higher Education study loan or grant from Student Finance England.
  • Full-time students don’t normally pay Council Tax – contact your local district council for more information

Useful contacts

Help with course fees and financial support
Call 01223 418443 or email


CVs & Job Hunting
Appointments with the College’s Careers Team can be made by visiting our Learner Futures Centre, email or call 01223 226315.
Apprenticeship Vacancies

Budgeting and saving money

Private renting

Citizens Advice Bureau – Adviceguide

College Welfare Adviser

Cambridge Campus Status

The Cambridge Campus is open as normal.

Huntingdon Campus Status

The Huntingdon Campus is open as normal.