Free* Online Health & Social Care Courses
Could you benefit from developing your workplace skills with these accredited online Health & Social Care courses?
Could you be eligible to get the courses at no cost through the Adult Education Bid Government Funding?
We are pleased to offer a number of free* online Health and Social Care courses that will support and develop your knowledge and skills. These courses are offered as distance learning packages, you will be able to access on-line training materials and complete two workbooks over a 12 week period. There will be remote support and guidance from one of our experienced assessors/trainers to ensure you are successful and achieve your qualification.
These distance -learning courses will provide up-skilling for those currently working in care homes, dental surgeries, hospitals, and those under NHS Trusts.
Below is a list of Level 2 certificate qualifications that are offered as part of the Health Care Sector Work Academy. You can select and complete two of the above qualifications via distance learning as part of the project.
|Prevention and Control of Infection in healthcare settings||2|
|Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in H&SC||2|
|Principles of Dementia Care||2|
|Understanding Behaviour that Challenges||2|
|Awareness of Mental Health Problems||2|
|Preparing to Work in Adult Health and Social Care||2|
|Falls Prevention Awareness||2|
|Certificate in Customer Service for Health and Social Care Settings||2|
|Certificate in Team Leading||2|
|Equality & Diversity||2|
There is an opportunity to get funding through the “Adult Education Budget”. To be eligible you must be aged 19+ and have lived in the EU for the last three years. Other eligibility criteria may apply and our qualified staff will be able to ascertain if you meet the requirements of the funding rules.
*the courses are only no cost if the candidate meets the eligibility criteria for AEB funding as described above.
For further information or advice on funding call 01480 379 197 or email email@example.com
What do the courses cover?
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention & Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
This qualification aims to help learners to understand:
• the meaning and importance of infection control
• the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
• methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
This qualification aims to help learners develop:
• a general understanding of different types of medication and their use.
• knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medication.
• an understanding of legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability.
• an understanding of the record-keeping process for medication.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
By completing the qualification, learners will develop in-depth knowledge of behaviour that challenges which could support progression onto other appropriate qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care sector. It could be useful to learners working in education settings.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of falls and their prevention which will allow them to progress into, or within, employment in healthcare or social care settings. The objective of the qualification is to allow learners to gain knowledge and understanding of:
• the impact and consequences of a fall
• risks and hazards which contribute to falls
• reducing the risk of falls
The qualification also covers the importance of recording and reporting any incidence of falls to ensure that interventions can be put in place to reduce risk and recurrence of falls.
This qualification is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare or social care environment, particularly those that support, or have contact with, older people who have an increased propensity to falls.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
The objective of this qualification is to develop the learners understanding of a range of mental-health problems, which could be used to support their role in the workplace, or where they may work or interact with individuals with mental-health problems.
NCFE Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
This qualification provides a pathway into the sector for individuals considering a career in health and/or social care or those returning to work after a career break. It does not confirm competence in a job role but provides an opportunity to develop knowledge about the wider health and social care sector before learners decide whether working in the sector is for them and to gain information to make decisions about career progression.
Units of study:
• Introduction to the adult social care sector
• Introduction to the values and principles of adult social care
• Awareness of the skills and attitudes needed to work in adult social care
• Awareness of communication in adult social care
• Awareness of the roles and responsibilities of the adult social care worker
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service in Health and Social Care
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners:
- develop an awareness of customer service in health and social care
- understand how to communicate effectively in a health and social care setting
- understand the needs of customers who access health and social care services
- understand teamwork in health and social care settings.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- develop their knowledge of the principles of team leading
- develop their understanding of business
- develop the knowledge needed to support communication with a range of stakeholders at different levels.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
This qualification is ideal for those who need to develop an awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity, for example as part of an induction programme or personal development.
This knowledge-based QCF qualification covers enhanced early stage learning and concepts relating to equality and diversity, particularly relating to society, the workplace, and the community. This will enable learners to develop a level of knowledge beyond the standard employer-sponsored training experience, which will provide them to access to further learning routes or career progression.
The objective of this qualification is to allow learners to:
- raise their awareness of the issues surrounding equality and diversity
- apply this awareness through their actions in society, community and the workplace.
Contact us now to find out how you can take advantage of this free distance-learning course, call 01480 379 197 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or complete the form below: