The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Technical Qualification in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged up to 7 years. Upon achievement of this qualification learners will be able to enter the workforce with the professional title of Early Years Educator or access Higher Education.
Topics covered (Core):
• Wider context
• Supporting education
• Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
• Parents, families and carers
• Working with others
• Child development
• Observation and assessment
• Reflective practice
• Equality and diversity
• Special educational needs and disability
• English as an additional language
Topics covered (Occupational Specialism):
• Support and promote children’s play, development and early education
• Develop relationships with children to facilitate their development
• Plan, provide and review care, play and educational opportunities to enable children to progress
• Safeguard and promote the health, safety and wellbeing of children
• Work in partnership with colleagues, parents, carers and other professionals to support children’s development
Employment as a professional Early Years Educator, classroom learning support assistant, nanny, child-minder, or playworker, or progress to Higher Education studying subject areas such as early years teaching and social work, or a Degree of your choice.
Entry Requirements: 5 GCSE’s at Grade 4 or above including English and Maths
Methods of assessments Externally set: Core exams and Employer Set Project, & placement hours totalling 750 Evidence of practical skills will be assessed in your work experience placement and you are required to reflect on your performance. We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
You can apply through our online application, just click on Apply.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply through the CAP application system, scheduled to be available shortly.
You can also apply through our online application form, or download a copy from our website www.camre.ac.uk/apply. The application form can also be found in the back of our full-time prospectus. If you need any help with applying, please contact our Cambridge Admissions Office on tel. 01223 418448.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a Welcome Event. At the Welcome Event you will meet the tutors and get the chance to learn more about college and your course. You will also have a discussion with one of our tutors who will look to make you a formal offer for September