The course gives an insight into a range of scientific topics such as Radioactivity, Light, Electricity and the Periodic table and uses practical skills to obtain data which will be analyzed. Participants will learn basic subject specific vocabulary and language.
For students considering our Access to Higher Education (Science) course which prepares students for university and is also suitable for students who wish to progress to Science-related subjects at university and wish to gain a basic understanding of the concepts needed in these disciplines.
• Study and life in UK / study skills
• English – speaking and listening
• Research skills / note taking
• Presentation skills
• Exam techniques (IELTS and Cambridge)
• Grammar and vocabulary for EAP
• Reading skills
• Academic writing
• Critical thinking
• Understanding and discussing the news
• Radioactivity: What is it? Where does it come from? What types are there?
• Light: What is it? How does it behave?
• Electricity: What rules does electricity obey?
• Periodic Table: What the properties of elements tell us about their atomic structure
Access to HE Science programme at Cambridge Regional College.
The level of English needed for this programme is a minimum of B1/intermediate.
You will enjoy the following during your study:
• A minimum of 20 study hours per week
• Experienced lecturers and course tutors
• Excellent resources and teaching facilities
To apply click the apply button above and complete the International application form.