The BTEC Level 5 HND is a broad-based practical business qualification which is intended for students who are seeking an alternative to a Foundation Degree or Degree and who wish to combine study and part-time work.
The course will be taught by Business lecturers who are committed practitioners with a range of experience from business sectors. The team will be complemented by guest speakers who are working within the industry
Through the BTEC Level 5 HND course of study you will explore, challenge, develop and extend your
• independent enquiry and analytical skills
• research for professional and academic reports
• confidence in writing university level assignments and academic work preparation
• ability to write business plans and to set up your own business
• develop your presentation skills
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. team building, leadership, advocacy, self-management, organisation, presentation, peer support as well as adaptability and problem solving You will study a range of core and optional units.
For the BTEC Level 5 HND there are 7 core units:
• Business Strategy
• International Marketing
• Research Project (Pearson set)
• Organisational Behaviour
There are further optional units, the choice of which is at the discretion of the team.
This is a full-time course and delivered over 2 days a week. On successful completion of this course, you will gain a BTEC Level 5 HND. Home students are eligible to apply for a full-time loan from Student Finance England.
This qualification helps you to progress on to:
• Direct progression to a British university to complete the level 6 top-up in a relevant degree course, entering into year 3 (this depends on the provider and your work presented at interview)
• Employment e.g. trainee manager role for a retail outlet, department leader in insurance, finance, sales or marketing
To join the BTEC Level 5 HND you will need to show evidence that you have achieved the below:
* HNC in Business or a Business-related course and/ or relevant work experience.
How to Apply for a Higher Education Course at CRC
There are 3 ways you can apply for your chosen course:
1) Apply online direct from this course page.
Click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page by the course information. By clicking this button, you will be taken to our online application system. This system will ask you to create a new account if you have not created one previously. Once you have created an account you can apply for the course.
2) Apply through UCAS
When you have found your chosen course on the UCAS website, you can apply directly from UCAS. You will need to have created a UCAS account if you do not have one already to apply.
3) Editable HE application form
If you are unable to use the above ways to apply, you can also apply by filling in our downloadable HE Application form. This can be downloaded by visiting this page.
All forms will need to be returned to our admissions team at, The Admissions Office, Cambridge Regional College, Kings Hedges Road, Cambridge CB4 2QT.
For further assistance please contact our Admissions Team at