The BTEC Level 5 HND is a broad-based practical business qualification which is intended for students who are seeking an alternative to a Foundation Degree or Degree and who wish to combine study and part-time work.
The course will be taught by Business lecturers who are committed practitioners with a range of experience from business sectors. The team will be complemented by guest speakers who are working within the industry
Through the BTEC Level 5 HND course of study you will explore, challenge, develop and extend your
• independent enquiry and analytical skills
• research for professional and academic reports
• confidence in writing university level assignments and academic work preparation
• ability to write business plans and to set up your own business
• develop your presentation skills
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. team building, leadership, advocacy, self-management, organisation, presentation, peer support as well as adaptability and problem solving You will study a range of core and optional units.
For the BTEC Level 5 HND there are 7 core units:
• Business Strategy
• International Marketing
• Research Project (Pearson set)
• Organisational Behaviour
There are further optional units, the choice of which is at the discretion of the team.
This is a full-time course and delivered over 2 days a week. On successful completion of this course, you will gain a BTEC Level 5 HND. Home students are eligible to apply for a full-time loan from Student Finance England.
This qualification helps you to progress on to:
• Direct progression to a British university to complete the level 6 top-up in a relevant degree course, entering into year 3 (this depends on the provider and your work presented at interview)
• Employment e.g. trainee manager role for a retail outlet, department leader in insurance, finance, sales or marketing
To join the BTEC Level 5 HND you will need to show evidence that you have achieved the below:
* HNC in Business or a Business-related course and/ or relevant work experience.
There are two ways you can apply for a Higher Education course at CRC - you can now apply through UCAS or directly to the college using our HE Application Form, which can be downloaded from our website www.camre.ac.uk/higher-education. You can also obtain a copy by contacting our Enquiry Team on tel. 01223 226315 or email . The completed form and references should be returned to The Admissions Office, Cambridge Regional College, Kings Hedges Road, Cambridge CB4 2QT.