Qualification Aim: To provide learners with the required knowledge, skills and understanding in order to effectively coach or mentor others within an organisational context.
• Know what it takes to be an effective coach or mentor
• Understand how coaching and mentoring work
• Learn recognised coaching and mentoring models, and the tools and techniques to support them
• Put your new skills into practice and carry out supervised coaching or mentoring sessions
• Analyse coaching or mentoring performance in order to improve own ability
What opportunities for progression are there?
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to a range of qualifications such as:
• ILM Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
• ILM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
• ILM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
You must be able to reflect on your own coaching and mentoring skills.
You are assessed via written assignments for mandatory units. You will reflect on your own skills.