This one-year programme is designed for those wishing to take the first step in preparing for a career in the sports industry. You will study 10 units in total and this will consist of 2 exams and course work, which will cover the broad spectrum of sport.
• Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Performance (Exam)
• Sports Performance in Action
• Training for Personal Fitness
• Practical Land-Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
• Injury and the Sports Performer
• Fitness for Sport and Exercise (Exam)
• Designing Exercise Programmes
• Practical Sports Performance
• Leading Sports Activities
• Running a Sports Event
Please note - units are subject to change.
Compulsory residential activities to develop teamwork and practical skills are an integral part of the course. There is an additional cost to cover these trips, day trips, sports kits, travel costs associated with team games or residentials and guest speakers. This charge is paid at enrolment and is non-refundable. The Learner Support Fund is available and could help assist in paying towards these fees.
Employability skills gained on a Level 2 Sport Studies course include:
• Being able to assist with the planning and leadership of sport and leisure activities for children.
• Rights and Responsibilities in the sports industry.
• How to gain a job within the sports industry.
• The risks and hazards and safe practice within the sports industry.
• Improving your own fitness.
• Team work and customer service.
• Understand the positive effects regular exercise has on physical, mental, emotional well-being.
• Use safe exercise principles e.g. warming up, stretching, hydration and diet.
• Take opportunities to engage with sport/exercise.
Successful completion at Merit grade means that you can progress to the Level 3 Extended Diploma or one of the other advanced level programmes that we offer. The course will provide you with the learning opportunities and experiences that will enhance your career prospects for the sports industry. The course enables you to prepare for work or further study, will provide you with the learning opportunities and experiences to enhance your understanding by learning in, learning about, and learning through sports activities. As part of your course, you may have the opportunity to play for one of our college teams. Currently we have teams that represent the college nationally in football, basketball, netball and rugby. We also attend the AOC Regional and National Championship where we sent representatives in over 10 different sports. We also run a scholarship programme with Cambridge United for male and female football. Please see additional leaflet for more information to include the application process and trials.
You will need 3 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above including English or Maths, or Successful completion of a full Level 1 course.
Each project, activity or assignment that you complete will be assessed. These assessments indicate your level of performance and contribute to your final grade. Assessment will be through practical and theoretical assignments. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction. You will be required to take part in weekly physical activity. You will also be assessed on your physical fitness four times a year. You must be willing to take part in all practical activities and assessments.
You can apply through our online application, just click on Apply.
Students who attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply through the CAP application system, MyChoice@16, your school will be able to help you with this.
If you need any help with applying, please contact our Admissions Office on tel. 01223 418448 or .
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to a Welcome Event and for a guidance discussion. Through the Welcome Event you will get the chance to learn more about college and your course. When you have your conditional offer, you will be invited and required to attend new student Taster Days during the summer before the start of your course. Take control of your future and enrol on a course with CRC. Whether you've just finished your GCSEs or A Levels, already working or unemployed we can help you succeed.
Take control of your future and enrol on a course with CRC. Whether you've just finished your GCSEs or A Levels, already working or unemployed we can help you succeed.