This Study Programme will develop your skills and knowledge in programming, web development and animation plus enable you to explore the inner workings of computer systems and networks. You will gain a sound insight into the rapidly changing world of IT. You will be able to access specialist IT labs to develop your ideas and understand the installation and configuration of software and hardware, broaden your programming skills and experiment with new technology.
An opportunity to develop your:-
• Industry experience through projects related to real life or simulated scenarios
• Understanding of both software and hardware pathways by using coding through integrated assignment themes
• English and Maths through either a Function Skills or GCSE retake programme
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• Employability skills, e.g. proficiency in setting up local network areas, troubleshooting, programming using Visual Basic, Action Script and building a PC as well as wider office packages, e.g. VISIO, outlook
• Understanding of wider employability, e.g. team building, self-management, communication skills in both individual and group presentation work
• Techniques in show-casing your work and confidently promoting your skills and abilities.
There is an additional cost of £30 to cover trips and guest speakers. This charge is to be paid at enrolment and is non-refundable. The learner support fund is available and could help assist paying towards these fees.
This qualification helps you to progress on to:- • BTEC Level 3 Study Programmes in IT • Apprenticeships within the wider commercial/IT industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College • Employment, e.g. IT support technician, junior web developer or help desk technician. Please note: In order to progress to the Level 3 BTEC Diploma Study Programmes in IT you will need to achieve a minimum Pass for your Level 2 BTEC Diploma.
You will need 3 GCSEs at grade 3(D) or above or Level 1 IT/Vocational Studies You will need to demonstrate, at interview, an interest and enthusiasm for IT.
You can apply through our online application, just click on Apply.
Students who attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply through the CAP application system, MyChoice@16, your school will be able to help you with this.
If you need any help with applying, please contact our Admissions Office on tel. 01223 418448 or .
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to a Welcome Event and for a guidance discussion. Through the Welcome Event you will get the chance to learn more about college and your course. When you have your conditional offer, you will be invited and required to attend new student Taster Days during the summer before the start of your course. Take control of your future and enrol on a course with CRC. Whether you've just finished your GCSEs or A Levels, already working or unemployed we can help you succeed.
Take control of your future and enrol on a course with CRC. Whether you've just finished your GCSEs or A Levels, already working or unemployed we can help you succeed.