This Level 1 Study Programme provides a key foundation in developing your confidence and study skills. The Study Programme allows you to choose a specialist pathway in either Media or Art and will help to inform your progression to a focussed specialist area at Level 2.
Over the academic year you will study a number of combined core units covering interactive and digital design, photography and media communication which will support you in developing your skills, knowledge and understanding of Media, Art and Design. On your chosen pathway you will learn from specialist lecturers who will help you develop practical skills in a professional environment including:
- Digital Portfolio
Art & Design Pathway
- 3D design
In addition to your core subject choice, you will study English, Maths and IT. These subject areas are vitally important for your progression into employment, apprenticeships, higher education or to progress to the next level course.
The course will provide you with the opportunity to develop your:
• Professional skills e.g. your ability to identify and solve problems, improving your organisation and communication skills as well as becoming confident, adaptable and supportive of others
• Project planning and presentation techniques, both written and verbal
• English and Maths through either a Functional Skills or GCSE retake programme
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• CV and interview practice techniques ready for progression
• Employability skills e.g. self-management, organisation, problem-solving, team work and leadership
• Personal values and demonstrate adaptability, sensitivity, reliability and be supportive to your peers by working with other Level 1 learners on collaborative projects
*Attendance at a Welcome Event, attendance at taster days and a reference is required
This qualification helps you to progress on to: • UAL Level 2 Award/Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology • UAL Level 2 Award/Diploma in Art & Design • UAL Level 2 Award/Diploma in Music Performance & Production • Traineeships, apprenticeships within the wider commercial/creative based industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College • Employment at a junior assistant level in industry Please note in order to progress to a UAL Level 2 Award/Diploma in Creative Media Production and Technology or UAL Level 2 Award/Diploma in Art & Design, you will need to achieve a pass for the full Level 1 Diploma in Art, Design & Media.
You will need 2 GCSEs at grade 9 - 2 (A* - E) or above. In addition: • To show at Welcome Event an interest in either Media or Art and a willingness and openness to learn new skills and techniques.
• Course work is continually assessed by a range of methods which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment, feedback from tutors and peer reviews. The grade of pass may be awarded to course work. • The Study Programmes are over 3 days each week. • There is regular one to one and group tutorial provision.
You can apply through our online application, just click on Apply.
Students who attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply through the CAP application system, MyChoice@16, your school will be able to help you with this.
If you need any help with applying, please contact our Admissions Office on tel. 01223 418448 or .
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to a Welcome Event and for a guidance discussion. Through the Welcome Event you will get the chance to learn more about college and your course. When you have your conditional offer, you will be invited and required to attend new student Taster Days during the summer before the start of your course. Take control of your future and enrol on a course with CRC. Whether you've just finished your GCSEs or A Levels, already working or unemployed we can help you succeed.
Take control of your future and enrol on a course with CRC. Whether you've just finished your GCSEs or A Levels, already working or unemployed we can help you succeed.