Aged 19+ and looking for a way into Construction? Gain the skills and confidence to take your next step forward.
This 5-day engaging course has been designed to give individuals an insight into the construction world. The course will cover topics that will give you confidence to demonstrate some key skills needed to gain your CSCS card and be site ready on completion.
This qualification will focus on the study of the basic principles of health and safety, including hazards and risks within the workplace.
By the end of the course, you will:
• Understand the importance of health and safety procedures
• Raise awareness of the potential hazards and risks in the workplace
• Understand implications of poor health and safety
• Know key rights and responsibilities relating to health and safety
Some of the topics you will learn include:
• Working within a team
• Employers/Employees Rights & Responsibilities
• Hazards & Risks
• Risk Assessments
• Manual Handling
• Working at Height
While completing this qualification, you may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar key skills such as team working, independent learning and problem-solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
• an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and Personal Protective Equipment
• communicating with professional colleagues/peers
On successful completion, you will gain a Green CSCS card, NOCN Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment and NCFE Level 1 Award in Health & Safety Awareness. This will help you progress into a job role in the construction industry or further training.
You need to be aged 19+. This course is no cost to those in receipt of unemployment benefits or on a low wage income.
On the last day students can sit their CSCS test. These take place at our Huntingdon Campus.