This one-year course allows you to gain practical and underpinning knowledge to progress to employment and complete the NVQ Level 2. The course includes the following units:
• Health, safety and welfare in construction.
• Principles of building construction, information and communication.
• Carry out small-scale building repairs.
• Carry out small-scale painting and decorating repairs.
• Carry out small-scale plastering repairs.
• Carry out small-scale plumbing repairs.
• Carry out carpentry repairs.
As in all our full-time programmes, this programme includes a tutorial session giving you individual contact with your tutor. You will also study functional skills in English and Maths to assist you in your personal development.
You will need to set time aside at home to work on your portfolio.
This course will give you a Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations. On successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Maintenance Operations, learners who wish to complete NVQ Level 2 must be employed in the relevant area of the construction industry.
3 GCSEs grades D or above in Maths, Science and 1 other subject, or successful completion of L1 Diploma in Construction and a satisfactory College reference.
This is achieved by a portfolio folder of evidence, which contains job knowledge and coursework. Achievement of each unit internal testing and a technical certificate graded examination at the end of the academic year. Additionally skills will be assessed by synoptic practical assignment.