• Start: Sept 2023
• Course length: 1 year
• Course level: Level 5
• College attendance: 2 days per week
• Campus: Cambridge
The Higher National Diploma in Music allows students from all backgrounds to gain practical knowledge through a range of creative workshops in response to industry focused briefs. The course is a natural progression for students on the Level 4 Higher National Certificate Music course at CRC but is also suitable for other students wishing to transfer from another college or Level 4 equivalent course. The HNC & HND Music qualifications combined provide an ideal foundation for students who require a faster and more direct route into the industry, as well as for the more mature student who is looking to retrain within the music industry.
As a student on this course, you will have access to 1:1 pastoral support via our student support team, technician support and state-of-the-art industry standard equipment which includes:
• Music Recording Studios, featuring a flagship Audient ASP4816 Recording console, Genelec monitors, Pro Tools Studio & plugins, Logic Pro X and outboard compression & gates
• 5.1 Genelec Surround mixing suite running Pro Tools 12, UAD plugins, a Universal Audio Apollo Interface and Presonus Faderport midi controller
• Mac editing suite running Pro Tools 12, Logic Pro X, M Audio USB keyboard controllers and Native Instruments Komplete
• A live performance space with full backline with Blackstar and Vox amps, acoustic piano, PDP drumkit, Allen & Heath Q16 and Yamaha LS-9 digital mixing desks, digital stage box and a range of industry standard microphones.
Core Study Modules;
• Creative Research Project
• A & R
• Advanced Music Production
• Advanced Sound Design for Interactive Media
• Advanced Synthesis & Processing
• Working In Music Education
• Composing to a Brief
Completing the HNC and HND Music courses means you will be in a position to join a final year at a feeder university to top-up to a full degree. Students who choose this option gain the same full degree status as students who have opted to complete all three years at university but at a fraction of the cost. Alternatively, students can enter into employment into a relevant creative industry they have specialised in, with the confidence that the HND Music has delivered on practical knowledge designed in response to industry-focused skill requirements.
Entry Requirements • HNC Music or an equivalent and relevant Level 4 qualification • GCSE English and Maths at grade 4/C or above or demonstrated competency at Level 2 or above.
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs. Your work will be continually assessed throughout the year with written assignments, presentations, practical experimentation, and portfolios of work.
There are two ways you can apply for a Higher Education course at CRC;
? Apply online direct from this course page. Click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page by the course information. By clicking this button, you will be taken to our online application system. This system will ask you to create a new account if you have not created one previously. Once you have created an account you can apply for the course.
? Apply through UCAS. When you have found your chosen course on the UCAS website, you can apply directly from UCAS. You will need to have created a UCAS account if you do not have one already to apply.
For further assistance please contact our Admissions Team at