A hospitality team member can operate in a range of functions across a business.
You will learn to demonstrate understanding and knowledge in the following areas:
• The hospitality industry - culture, behaviours, job roles.
• Customers - profiles, needs, and expectations.
• Business - vision and values, competitors, products/services, technology, legislation, environmental impact.
• People - communication, team support and influence, assisting line manager.
You will learn the following skills:
• Customers - rapport and excellent customer service.
• Business - positively promote business, handle transactions, communicate product/service information, using technology and comply with legislation.
• People - excellent communication, team support, and planning.
You will learn the following behaviours:
• Understand and demonstrate the behaviours required to meet the needs of customers, the business and team members.
Progression onto the Hospitality Supervisor Standard. Suitable Job Roles may include: barista, food & beverage service, food preparation, housekeeping, concierge and guest services, reception, reservations, banqueting and conferencing, and hospitality supervisor / team leader.
This Level 2 qualification is for people who wish to start a career in Hospitality. To enrol, you MUST be employed over 30 hours per week in a suitable establishment to start an Apprenticeship, please contact us should you need help in finding suitable employment. Apprentices are paid a wage by the employer. Your employer is required to give you a contract of employment, which will include holiday entitlement and all other benefits.
Your job role should provide you with the learning and assessment opportunities for the Hospitality Team Member Standard.
Entry onto the L2 Apprenticeship Framework or standard requires 2 x D Grades / 2 x Grade 3 or above in maths and English.
We currently offer pre apprenticeship courses for applicants, in Maths and English, to support learners wishing improve their grades to the entry criteria. Learners should have secured employment.
All applicants will be interviewed- this includes maths and English skills scan, a trade test and a formal interview.
This qualification is delivered at college for 1 day per week and reinforced and developed in the workplace. This will provide the skills set and knowledge-based elements of the Apprenticeship, Values and Behaviours, Functional Skills and meet the 20% off the job training.
There are three stages of assessment:
1. On-programme stage - observations and on line knowledge exams
2. Gateway stage - successful completion of the skills and knowledge, values and behaviours, functional skills and training hours
3. End-point assessment. Multiple-choice test, two-hour External Examiner practical observation, business project, and a professional discussion.
Functional skills is delivered and assessed in block weeks at college, with flexibility, relating to the service industry sector.
To study an apprenticeship, you must secure or already be in a suitable an apprenticeship job role with an employer.
Need to find an apprenticeship job?
You can do this through undertaking a job search and applying and interviewing for available roles. In order for us to help you secure your apprenticeship, let us know you are actively looking for an apprenticeship by registering your interest and signing up to our apprenticeship job alerts at www.camre.ac.uk/job-alerts.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership schools should register their interest through the CAP application system, MyChoice@16.
Securing an apprenticeship position can be challenging, therefore we advise all aspiring apprentices, who are leaving school, to apply for a full-time course in the same subject. Having a Plan B ensures you can continue with your education in September and build the practical knowledge and confidence you need to progress onto an apprenticeship when one becomes available.
To find out more about how the apprenticeship application process works, please visit www.camre.ac.uk/apprenticeships/how-to-secure-an-apprenticeship/.
Already have a job and an employer?
Register your interest in the programme, and contact our Apprenticeship Team at email@example.com and 01223 418778, and we will work with you and your employer to start the apprenticeship enrolment process.