Level 2 in Sport Studies
|Course Duration:||1 Year(s)|
|Course Mode:||Full Time|
This one year programme is designed for those wishing to take the first step in preparing for a career in the sports industry. You will study 6 units and sit 2 exams and cover the broad spectrum of sport.
• Anatomy and Physiology for Sport (exam)
• The Mind of the Sports Performer
• Sports Performance in Action
• Fitness for Sport and Exercise (Exam)
• Training for Personal Fitness
• Practical Sports
• Injury and The Sports Performer
• Lifestyle and Wellbeing
Please note - units are subject to change.
Compulsory residential activities to develop team work and practical skills are an integral part of the course. There is an additional cost to cover these trips, day trips, sports kits, travel costs associated with team games or residentials and guest speakers. This charge is paid at enrolment and is non-refundable. The Learner Support Fund is available and could help assist in paying towards these fees.
Your Passport to Success for Level 2 in Sport Studies Specialist Skills:
• Being able to assist with the planning and leadership of sport and leisure activities for children.
• The structure and function of the body systems and the importance of nutrition.
• Rights and Responsibilities in the sports industry.
• How to gain a job within the sports industry.
• The risks and hazards and safe practice within the sports industry.
• Improving your own fitness
• Team work and customer service.
• Understand the positive effects regular exercise has on physical, mental, emotional well-being.
• Use safe exercise principles e.g. warming up, stretching, hydration, diet.
• Take opportunities to engage with sport/exercise.
Progression & Career Opportunities
Successful completion at Merit grade means that you can progress to the Extended Diploma or one of the other advanced level programmes that we offer. The course will provide you with the learning opportunities and experiences that will enhance your career prospects for the sports industry.
You will need 2 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above.
Successful completion of a Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure with portfolio of evidence.
Internal Applicants will need a BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport. All internal targets set by tutor must be met.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
Each project, activity or assignment that you complete will be assessed. These assessments indicate your level of performance and contribute to your final grade. Assessment will be through practical and theoretical assignments. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction.
How to Apply
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply through UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership Application Form, which is held by your Careers Teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.