Level 2 in Music Performance & Production
|Course Duration:||1 Year(s)|
|Course Mode:||Full Time|
Delivered by working musicians & producers, and supported by our own record label, Morph Recordings, this challenging course focuses on introducing the relevant skills, knowledge and experience necessary to succeed as a producer and/or performer in the music industry today.
We have outstanding performance and production facilities and offer great opportunities to release music on our record label, Morph Recordings. Working with our industry specialist teaching staff you will reach professional standards of performance & musicianship, studio recording & production and live sound engineering. There will also be opportunities to attend workshops with experienced industry professionals and to perform solo and collaboratively in college and external venues. There may also be opportunities to perform as a DJ using the latest technologies.
Working both independently and collaboratively with your peers you will develop the appropriate fundamental knowledge and techniques required to:
- run studio recording sessions and to mix these to a professional standard.
- rehearse, write and perform collaboratively at gigs in college and externally.
- compose, arrange and mix with Logic Pro X
- understand the structure of the contemporary music industry and the job opportunities available to you as a producer/performer.
- market and promote releases and live events - as well as yourself as a performer/artist/producer/band member.
Attendance at a Welcome Event, and at Taster Days is required as well as a good reference
Progression & Career Opportunities
This qualification helps you to progress on to the following:
- Level 3 UAL Diploma in Music Performance and Production 2 year programme
- Apprenticeships within the wider commercial/creative based industries, supported through Cambridge Regional College
- Employment. Most performers are self-employed by nature and success is reliant on individual performance skills
You will need 2 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above.
• You might wish to take the opportunity to demonstrate your performance or production skills in the welcome event.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
How to Apply
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply through the CAP application system, scheduled to be available shortly.
You can also apply to CRC through a CRC Application Form, online here or download and complete here. If you need any help with applying, please contact our Admissions Office at Cambridge on tel. 01223 418448 or Huntingdon on tel. 01480 379213.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a Welcome Event. At the Welcome Event you will meet the tutors and get the chance to learn more about college and your course. You will also have a discussion with one of our tutors who will look to make you a formal offer for September 2020.