Level 2 Certificate in Business
|Course Duration:||1 Year(s)|
|Course Mode:||Full Time|
This course will give you a range of transferable business skills and allows you to specialise in an area of business that interests you. You will be carrying out work experience which will enable you to put your theory into practice and enhance your CV.
NB. The Level 2 qualification has moved to the New Generation suite and now includes a range of externally examined units e.g. paper based, online or controlled assessments assessed internally/externally.
An opportunity to develop your
• business awareness e.g. creating new business ideas and how different organisations function
• communication using oral and written forms such as email, reports, summaries, letters and presentations
• understanding of the world of business e.g. an ability to read, summarise and communicate key points to various personnel
• understanding of the purpose and ownership of business e.g. plc, Ltd, charities and how they are marketed plus enterprise and customer service skills
• English and Maths through either GCSE Pathway or GCSE retake programme
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. good interpersonal skills, team working, self-motivation and problem solving
• compulsory residential visit.
A variety of units will be studied during the course. Some examples include Enterprise in the Business World/Finance for Business/Principles of Marketing/Customer Service.
Compulsory residential activities to develop team work and practical skills are an integral part of the course. There is an additional cost of £220 to cover these trips as well as covering costs of day trips or residential and guest speakers. This charge is to be paid at enrolment and is non-refundable. The Learner Support Fund is available and could help assist in paying towards these fees.
Progression & Career Opportunities
This qualification helps you to progress on to
• the BTEC Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma Study Programmes in Business or Enterprise and Entrepreneurship or a Foundation AAT full-time course
• traineeships, apprenticeships within the wider commercial industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College
• employment e.g. retail sales assistant, trainee supervisor
Please note in order to progress to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Study Programmes in Business you will need to achieve a minimum Pass for your Level 2 BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate.
You will need one of the following qualifications
• 2 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above, or
• Level 1 Diploma in Business qualification
You will also need evidence of commitment and good attendance.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
Internally assessed coursework is continually assessed by a range of methods which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment, feedback from clients and panel reviews. Grades from Pass, Merit, Distinction may be awarded to course work.
The Study Programmes are 3 days each week.
There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
How to Apply
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply through UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership Application Form, which is held by your Careers Teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.