BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in General Engineering (Year 1)
|New Student Fees*:||£2495|
|CRC Level 3 Progression**:||£N/A|
|CRC Level 4 Progression***:||£1995|
** Fees for applicants who have completed their Level 3 at CRC in the previous year
*** Fees for applicants who have completed their Level 4 HNC at CRC in the previous year
This 2 year 1 day per week course is designed to provide:
- Training for technicians in design research, development and service support activities in Engineering, Manufacturing and Maintenance
- Progression to Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Degree Programmes.
- The language, knowledge and practical skills demanded in the Engineering Industry.
- Technical Certificate for the Higher Apprenticeship in Engineering.
Units of study include:
Unit 35 Professional Engineering Management (15 credits)
Unit 36 Advanced Mechanical Principles (15 credits)
Unit 45 Industrial Systems (15 credits)
Unit 49 Lean Manufacturing (15 credits)
Unit 34 Research Project (30 credits)
Unit 39 Further Mathematics (15 credits)
Unit 44 Industrial Power, Electronics and Storage (15 credits)
This is classed as a part-time course. On successful completion of this course, you will gain a BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma.
Home & EU students are eligible to apply for a part-time loan from Student Finance England.
Progression & Career Opportunities
After completing the qualification, candidates will normally continue in employment as a skilled engineer and progress on to Engineering or Mechanical Engineering degree programmes
-Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (RQF)
- English and Maths GCSE at grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)
- Relevant employment or offer of employment.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the of
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
How to Apply
There are two ways you can apply for a Higher Education course at CRC – you can now apply through UCAS