Introduction to Electronics Level 1
This programme is designed to be hands-on for learners who are interested in gaining some knowledge in electronics. Each session will last 2 hours and the course lasts 10 weeks.
The programme covers the competence required to work from circuit, wiring and layout diagrams and to identify, select and assemble electronic components into functional circuits using discrete components, soldering and mechanical fixing techniques.
This course is designed to deliver the basic theory and practical work for electronic Engineering. The following elements will be covered during the course:-
• Health and safety in the workshop.
• Able to identify electronic components.
• Able to use measuring instruments (DMM).
• Able to build and test basic electronic circuits.
• Able to fault finding on basic electronic circuits.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
• Plan and prepare for electronic assembly activities and obtain all information, documentation, components, tools and equipment required to assemble, wire up and test completed circuits.
• Determine how to protect components from damage during assembly.
• Interpret circuit diagrams, identify components, understand their function within the circuit and determine the correct way of connecting for polarity and soldering technique.
• Check own quality of work, recognise defects and take action to remedy faults.
• Use a range of equipment to test, measure and adjust finished circuits to operational specification.
Progression & Career Opportunities
Intermediate Electronics evening class.
General enthusiasm for basic electronics and/or be employed as an electronics circuit assembler.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
Practical work, assignments and continuous assessment. There are no examinations - it is coursework only. A College certificate of attendance with learning outcomes will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete a CRC Enrolment Form, which can be downloaded from our website Download here. The Enrolment Form can also be found in the back of our part-time prospectus or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.