Level 5 HND Diploma in Business
|New Student Fees*:||£4990|
|CRC Level 3 Progression**:||£N/A|
|CRC Level 4 Progression***:||£3995|
** Fees for applicants who have completed their Level 3 at CRC in the previous year
*** Fees for applicants who have completed their Level 4 HNC at CRC in the previous year
The BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma is a broad based practical business qualification which is intended for students who are seeking an alternative to a Foundation Degree or Degree and who wish to combine study and part-time work.
The course will be taught by Business lecturers who are committed practitioners working within the business industries. The team may be complemented by guest speakers who are also working within the industry
Through the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma course of study you will explore, challenge, develop and extend your
• independent enquiry and analytically skills
• research for professional and academic reports
• confidence in writing university level assignments and academic work preparation
• ability to write business plans and to set up your own business
• develop your presentation skills
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. team building, leadership, advocacy, self-management, organisation, presentation, peer support as well as adaptability and problem solving
You will study a range of core and optional units.
For the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma there are 7 core units:
• Business Strategy
• International Marketing
• Research Project (Pearson set)
• Organisational Behaviour
There are further optional units, the choice of which is at the discretion of the team.
This is classed as a full-time course – on successful completion of this course, you will gain a BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma. Home & EU students are eligible to apply for a full-time loan from Student Finance England.
Progression & Career Opportunities
This qualification helps you to progress on to:
• Direct progression to a British university to complete the level 3 top-up.
• For the last 8 years CRC have a direct progression route with Anglia Ruskin University whereby, Level 5 HND students progress to the ARU's final year degree course in B.Sc. Business Administration or International Business,
• Relevant degree courses at year 2 or 3 - this depends on the provider and your work presented at interview
• Employment e.g. trainee manager role for a retail outlet, department leader in insurance, finance, sales or marketing
To join the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma course you will need to show evidence that you have achieved the below:
* HNC in Business or a Business related course and/ or relevant work experience.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a professional interview.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learning and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
How to Apply
There are two ways you can apply for a Higher Education course at CRC – you can now apply through UCAS