Cambridge Regional College - Centre of Vocational Excellence

Surround yourself with good friends, work hard and reap the rewards, says our student, on a football scholarship in New York

A former Cambridge Regional College student, now in America, has put his success down to hard work and great support from his CRC tutors.

David Ramjee is committed to Daemen College, in Buffalo, on a scholarship in New York.

The 21 year old completed his Sports Studies course with a triple distinction in 2016 at CRC and was accepted immediately as a coach with Cambridge United.

He swiftly progressed to America for a football scholarship, completing his associates degree at Herkimer Community College. He has now moved to Daemen.

David said: “I would say if you want it, work tirelessly to get it. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you cannot do something.”

The former Impington Village College student added: “I never thought a scholarship in America and completing a degree would be where I would be today.

Persistence and self-motivation paid off for David who said the harder you work the more opportunities you will create for yourself.

“Nobody gives you anything in life worth having for free,” he said. “You have to be the one to go out and get it.

“It’s okay not knowing what you want to do in the future, in fact its better, because it allows you to try new things and discover for yourself what you like and dislike.”

David added that focusing on being around good people helped him at college.

“Surround yourself with good friends and like-minded people that have similar goals and aspirations because from personal experiences the wrong friends or wrong environment can leave you in situations both physically and mentally you don’t want to find yourself in,” he said.

“My CRC tutor Tom Hall helped me throughout at college and my time at Cambridge United with all aspects of my BTEC Sport course as well as being a great mentor.

“Tom was the person that introduced the idea of going to America and helped with setting that up. CRC gave me the freedom and treated me like an adult which allowed me to be more ambitious and more confident to try new things.

“It was such good advice and help that I was able to obtain a full-time coaching job at Cambridge United straight out of CRC.

“All the tutors at CRC are willing to help with course work and always offer to help as long as you are willing to put in the work.

The best thing is that I am getting myself through school, I will have a degree in Sports Management and I get to continue playing football along side that. Also I met my girlfriend in America so I’m very thankful for that.”

Cambridge Campus Status

The Cambridge Campus is open as normal.
3/3/18

Huntingdon Campus Status

The Huntingdon Campus is open as normal.
3/3/18