Cambridge Regional College - Centre of Vocational Excellence

Our Student Union President welcomes learners, talks about bullying and encourages students to embrace new opportunities

College life became a turning point for our Student Union President, Sophie Day, who says she found her confidence at CRC, after years of bullying at secondary school.

“After just two weeks here I felt better,” she said. “I found friends. I was happy. It was like I began a whole new life.”

Sophie is going into her second year as Student Union President, and is starting her  Level 4 Higher Education Sports Studies.

Thanks to my amazing tutors and their support, my self-belief has sky rocketed and my confidence has grown,” she said.

“There’s no stopping me. The opportunities at college and the fantastic support here means I am a different person.”

Sophie is passionate about education, inspiring others and also her future plans. Her ambition is to become a sports tutor.

Since being at CRC she has embraced college life in many areas including a volunteering trip to orphanages and the homeless in Morocco.

She is a “This Girl Can” Ambassador, has given a talk to the college Board of Governors and invited Cambridge MP Daniel Zeichner into college for a discussion on Further Education funding.

Sophie said: “Being at CRC gives every student the opportunity to develop and grow. I’ve enjoyed so many of these experiences and am grateful for all of them.

“Tutors here want to get the best out of everybody. If students are struggling in any way they can go to them for help. They make everybody feel special and supported. That is priceless.

“At Cambridge Regional College we aspire to be successful with everything we do and encourage students at college to get involved in as many opportunities as they can.

“As CRC Students’ Union President I would like to welcome everyone to CRC. I am proud to be representing the views of students at both campuses and look forward to meeting you.”

To contact Sophie look out for her at the LRC Student Union desk 

Cambridge Campus Status

The Cambridge Campus is open as normal.
3/3/18

Huntingdon Campus Status

The Huntingdon Campus is open as normal.
3/3/18