Cambridge Regional College - Centre of Vocational Excellence

Chloe thanks teachers for helping her to reach astonishing grades

Giving guided tours around the home of Oliver Cromwell is among a host of tasks in store for student Chloe Thrower whose work experience led to her being offered summer work.

“I feel that doing my work experience, especially in a customer service environment completely boosted my confidence and I was able to take away with me what I had learnt back to the college environment,” she said.

Chloe 19, of Haddenham, a Level 2 Travel and Tourism student at Cambridge Regional College, said: “I got on really well so when I was told I could go back in the Summer I was very pleased.”

She added: “My long term plan once I’ve finished Level 3 Travel and Tourism at college, is to become cabin crew or a resort rep.”

“I would like to give thanks and praise to all the staff who have helped me this year, it has been a really good year and the grades I have come out with are astonishing.”

Ely Tourist Information Centre is based in the historic setting of the former home of Oliver Cromwell, close to Ely Cathedral. It offers a range of services and helps more than 100,000 visitors to the city every year.

Staff share their expert local knowledge in order to help visitors make the most of their visit and stock a wide range of information covering the Eastern region and beyond.

Cambridge Campus Status

The Cambridge Campus is open as normal.
3/3/18

Huntingdon Campus Status

The Huntingdon Campus is open as normal.
3/3/18