Region’s best Apprentices recognised for their success
Cambridge Regional College unveiled the apprentice and employer winners of its 2018 Apprenticeship Awards at a ceremony hosted at the College’s Park restaurant during National Apprenticeship Week.
Celebrating the achievements of apprentices and employers across a range of sectors, the event was proudly sponsored by Munro Building Services. Cambridge Regional College is the largest provider of apprenticeships in the Cambridgeshire region working with local, national and international employers.
The Overall Apprentice and Employers of the Year were also revealed on the night. This year the judges decided to award the Overall Apprentice of the Year 2018 to two apprentices; Joshua Morrow, a Level 3 Business Administration apprentice with Domino UK for his outstanding commitment to his apprenticeship and invaluable skill set, and Joshua Willis a Level 3 Electrotechnical apprentice at PA Collacott for his exceptional work and the highly sought after specialist skills he has gained.
The Overall Employer of the Year award went to The Fields Children’s Centre, an employer who consistently goes above and beyond for their apprentices providing additional training and running best-practice workshops.
CRC Vice Principal, Michelle Dowse, said all the winning apprentices had shown outstanding skills, commitment and growth throughout their apprenticeships and were an asset to their employers.
“Congratulations to our outstanding and very worthy winners,” she said. “Our Apprenticeship Awards are one of the highlights of the year at CRC; it’s a very special moment to be able to celebrate the remarkable achievements of our apprentices and the commitment of employers across the region.
“Our Apprentices of the Year are all outstanding individuals who have had a huge impact at work and developed skills and attributes that help them excel in their careers.”
The Vice Principal also applauded the region’s employers.
“Our congratulations go to all of our winning Employers of the Year, whose support and commitment to the training and development of their workforce has been exceptional, having made a true difference to each and every apprentice and their own businesses in turn.”
The full list of winners:
The winning Apprentices of the Year were:
- Joshua Morrow, Domino UK, Level 3 Business Administration – Business
- Isabel Pearson, Isle of Ely Primary School, Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce – Childcare
- Jospeh Pechey, The Crown Inn, Level 2 Professional Cookery – Catering & Hospitality
- Joshua Willis, PA Collacott, Level 3 Electrotechnical – Construction
- Luke Hendry, Johnson Matthey, Level 3 Maintenance Engineering – Engineering
- Haleema Ashiq, Gianni Nicolas Hair Design, Level 3 Hairdressing – Hair & Beauty
- Eva Westley, Studio 24, Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing – IT
- Elliot Sowden, Forbes Technologies, Level 2 Sales – Management & Professional
- Bradley Wright, Colebrook Specialist, Level 3 Motor Vehicle – Motor Vehicle
- Callum Dickerson, Anglian Water, Level 3 Laboratory Technician – Science
The winning Employers of the Year were:
- Lewis Wark – Business
- The Fields Children’s Centre – Childcare
- Sidney Sussex College, University of Cambridge – Catering & Hospitality
- Pro-lec Electrical Solutions – Construction
- JDR Cables – Engineering
- Style Guru – Hair & Beauty
- Broomfield Hospital – Information Technology
- Forbes Technologies – Management & Professional
- Tackwood Services – Motor Vehicle
- Anglian Water – Science
Watch the highlights from the ceremony here