Our Sport Studies courses are some of the most popular in the college. Our students benefit from a superb, new sports centre and have the opportunity to train as Sports Leaders alongside their main course.
The sport and leisure industry is one of the largest employers in the world and offers a wide range of career opportunities. Most people today are members of a sports club or attend a sporting event on a regular basis – which means a booming jobs market for you.
There are also many exciting careers within the sports industry, which don’t actually involve playing, such as public relations, marketing, groundkeeping, coaching and teaching.
In addition to your main qualification in Sports Studies, you will gain other skills within the college’s ‘Passport to Success’. Wider employability skills, English, Maths & IT, personal learning skills and social and community skills are highly valued by employers and will make you a more rounded, employable professional.
Why Study Sports Studies at CRC?
- Extra Leadership & Fitness qualifications to boost your job opportunities
- Volunteering in local schools & clubs provides valuable work experience
- In-house refereeing academy & close links with Cambridge United football club
- Great career options include sports science, coaching & personal training
- Exciting activities & trips including outdoor pursuits & sports tournaments
What you can study at CRC
|Level 1||BTEC Diploma in Sport & Active Leisure|
|Level 2||BTEC Diploma in Sports Studies|
|Level 3||BTEC Subsidiary Diploma/Diploma/Extended Diploma in Sports Studies (Coaching, Development & Fitness)|
|Level 4/5||BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Sport (Coaching & Development)|
BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Sport (Coaching & Development)