Help with Transport Costs
If Cambridge Regional College is the nearest college to your home offering your course, and you are under 19 on 1 September 2017, then your local County Council might be able to assist with the cost of transport to and from college, whether it is for the college bus or public transport.
In order to qualify for subsidised transport, you must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled on a full time course
- Attending your nearest appropriate post 16 centre offering your chosen level of course
- Resident at an address more than three miles from the College
And in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support or Universal Credit
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- NHS Tax Exemption (valid at the time of application – Cambridgeshire County Council only).
- Child Tax Credits where the Household income is below £16,190 (Hertfordshire County Council only).
You should contact your local County Council in the first instance to check eligibility and request a Post 16 Educational Transport application form if applicable.
Cambridgeshire County Council Tel: 0345 045 5208
Cambridgeshire County Council Website
Hertfordshire County Council Tel: 0300 123 4043
Although Suffolk and Essex County Councils may help learners, the contribution required by learners exceeds the cost of a college bus pass so we suggest you do not apply to them.
If you are unable to get assistance from the Council, then you may be able to get help through the College’s 16-18 discretionary bursary. Click here for more info.