BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Business
|New Student Fees*:||£4990 (2017/18 fees)|
|CRC Level 3 Progression**:||£3990 (2017/18 fees)|
|CRC Level 4 Progression***:||£N/A|
** Fees for applicants who have completed their Level 3 at CRC in the previous year
*** Fees for applicants who have completed their Level 4 HNC at CRC in the previous year
The BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma is a broad based practical business qualification which is intended for students who are seeking an alternative to a Foundation Degree or Degree and who wish to combine study and part-time work.
The course will be taught by lecturers who have relevant business experience. The team may be complemented by guest speakers who are also working within the related industry.
The BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma course is over 2 days each week.
Through the BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma course of study you will explore, challenge and develop your
• key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in your chosen business sector through work experience
• understanding of specialist areas e.g. financial resources, business environment, business ethics, managing financial resources, organisations and behaviour, marketing principles, human resource management, advertising and promotion in business management, costing and budgeting
• independent enquiry and study
• individual research to inform your own professional business practice and career choice
• vocational opportunities within the business sectors
• knowledge of wider self-employment skills e.g. intellectual property, tax, law, national insurance, accountancy, networking, advertising
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. team building, leadership, advocacy, self-management, organisation, presentation, peer support as well as adaptability and problem-solving.
You will study a range of core and optional units. For example:
• Business and the Business Environment
• Management Accounting
• Human Resource Management
• Marketing Essentials
There are a further four units, which are at the discretion of the team.
This is classed as a full-time course – on successful completion of the first year of this course, you will gain a BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma. You can achieve a BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma by studying a further year on successful completion of the BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma. Home & EU students are eligible to apply for a full-time loan from Student Finance England.
Progression & Career Opportunities
This qualification helps you to progress on to
• Employment e.g. trainee manager role for retail outlet, department leader, insurance, finance, sales and marketing
• BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma Business at Cambridge Regional College
• Relevant degree courses at year 1 or 2 - this depends on the provider and your work presented at interview.
To progress from the BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma to the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma you will need to successfully complete your BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma. Progression to the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma is conditional on group sizes being educationally and/or economically viable.
To join the BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma course you will need to show evidence that you have achieved the below:
- 2 A levels at a Pass grade or relevant work experience
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a professional interview.
Learning Assessment & Support
We want you to achieve to the very best of your ability at CRC. To make this happen we offer both learnng and personal support by specialist staff tailored to meet your specific needs.
Coursework is continually assessed by a range of methods which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment and potentially feedback from clients. Grades from Pass, Merit, Distinction may be awarded to course work.
There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
How to Apply
There are two ways you can apply for a Higher Education course at CRC – you can now apply through UCAS