Support for Apprentices
As well as allocating assessing and teaching staff, the college is able to offer apprentices the additional support of an Apprenticeship Mentor.
The Apprenticeship Mentor can provide and signpost you to a range of specialist internal support and external agencies to help you get the best from your course particularly if you fall into any of following categories:
- Have a learning support need or disability, dyslexia, dyscalculia or any other entitlement to exam concessions in the past or feel you may have a support need that has not yet been identified
- Feel that you need some support and training with study skills and need some guidance and resources to help build your portfolio; for example research and referencing, structuring a written assignment or simply getting started
- Have had a physical or mental health issue which could interrupt your learning or acquire a health issue whilst on programme
- Have any personal, financial or work concerns which are or could affect your performance and effectiveness at work and or college
- Struggling but do not know why
If you feel you may need some support either now or in the future, please contact our Apprenticeship Mentor, Lesley Quintana. She will provide you with impartial, confidential advice and support. She can work with you to put a support plan in place to ensure you achieve your qualification.
Her contact details are as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01223 428719 or at 07791 376370.
Useful Links and Information
- Specialist Support
- Careers Guidance
- Accident Reporting Form
- Discrimination, Harassment or Bullying Reporting Form
- NUS Apprentice Extra