Advancing Equality at CRC
At CRC we are privileged to work with many thousands of learners of all ages and backgrounds both studying on our campus in Cambridge and in workplaces throughout the county and beyond. We also have an International Centre, which not only recruits students from many parts of the world to study here in Cambridge but also advises and supports institutions and education ministries in developing countries on English language, vocational and technical programmes.
Our 700 staff come from many walks of life and we partner with other organisations to extend the work we do into even more communities. The education and achievement of each and every one of our learners is our top priority.
We actively pursue equality for all through a range of work:
We embed messages about equality and respect into our Values statement, our policies and our plans. The overarching Aim of our Equality Policy is:
The College is firmly committed to equalising opportunity for all who form part of the College community and to advancing equality for all as an integral part of all operations. We aim to provide a supportive environment where everyone will be treated with fairness, justice, dignity and respect.
The College seeks to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Eliminate harassment
- Advance equality
- Promote positive attitudes and community cohesion
- Encourage participation and progression.
Key Equality objectives within our plans are:
- To narrow any gaps in achievement between white British and ethnic minority learners; between male and female learners; and of learners with disabilities compared to all learners.
- To ensure that all staff are regularly trained in equality matters and understand how they can contribute in their work to advancing equality in the College, eliminating unlawful discrimination and harassment, and promoting positive attitudes.
- To maintain Equality kitemark/s.
- To review our employment statistics and identify actions relating to any causes for concern.
Linked to this page you will find information and data about:
- Student participation at CRC in 2011-12 shown by ethnicity, gender and age, and learners with disability
- Student results at CRC
- Employment statistics
Please click here to view the Human Resources Equality & Diversity page.